Saturday, 3 August 2013

Interview with Cider with Rosie

Finally, here is as promised my interview with Cider with Rosie! :)
Please check out her blog and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do :)
 
1. Why did you create your blog?
I started writing Cider with Rosie shortly after losing my Grandma, at a point when I was struggling to find reasons to be happy. My Grandma always managed to focus on the wonderful things in life, and never stopped appreciating and documenting the beauty in each and every day. My blog is my way of emulating her wonderful spirit and appetite for life :)
2. What’s the reason for the name ‘Cider with Rosie’?
Cider with Rosie is a famous novel written by an author called Laurie Lee, set in a quaint English village. I think my blog is pretty quaint and ever so English too, and since my name is Rosie I thought it was a pretty perfect name for my blog! 
3.How would you describe your fashion, blogging and life style? 
I'd describe my fashion style as simple, classic, and timeless. I try to choose clothing items that I can keep in my wardrobe forever. As for my blogging and life styles, I'd sum them both up as passionate and focused :)
4.Which camera do you use for photos and for your youtube videos? 
I use a Canon EOS 600d, usually with a 50mm 1.8 lens. Occasionally I use the kit lens the camera came with, which is an 18-55mm lens. For filming videos I tend to use the kit lens, since it's easier to adjust the focal length to get more/less of the room into shot.
5.Have you got any famous idols? Or maybe a friend or family member as your inspiration?
I'd say probably one of my biggest idols (career wise) is Joanna Goddard, from the blog A Cup of Jo. I love her voice, and since hers was the first blog I ever fell in love with back in 2010 she's been a huge inspiration of mine for a long time now!
6. How important is blogging for you? What does it mean to you?
Blogging means such a lot to me, a crazy amount! I just don't know what I'd do with my time if I weren't a blogger! I'd have an awful lot more of it, that's for sure ;) It's such a wonderful way of connecting with kindred spirits from around the world, and that's what I love about it most. I feel very lucky to be able to have been able to turn something I love so much into my job.
7.Random: What are your favourite songs this summer? 
I'm usually not that into music, but this summer I've been absolutely loving listening to Bastille! Their songs are just so catchy, I can't get them out of my head!
8. What’s the best thing that happened to you so far this year?
Probably graduating university! I didn't have the best time at university and there were times when I didn't think I'd get through it. It was so wonderful to see the pride on my Mum's face, too.
9.How would you describe a ‘perfect day’? 
I'm a huge introvert and homebody, so a perfect day for me is probably one where I get to stay home all cosy, and just read books and drink tea! Either that or shopping. Maybe shopping, actually…;)
10.What are your favourite youtube channels?
There are so many! Beauty-wise I love watching Kate from Ghostparties, Lily Pebbles, and Vivianna from Vivianna Does Makeup. I also love Dailygrace, and a music channel called The Mahogany Sessions
11.What makes you happy?
Wow, this is a hard question because there are just SO many things that make me happy! Jason and our dog Teddy make me more happy than anything else in the world, but aside from those boys of mine what makes me happiest is spending time with my family, pottering, nights in, baking, new recipe books, and doughnuts! :)
12.Is there anything you always wanted to learn or to do?
I've always wanted to be fluent in Italian! I learnt it for a couple of years and was getting on quite well with it, but have let it slip now which is so bad! I'll have to brush up on my verbs before I head to Sorrento in September!
13.Are you a night working or a sleepy person?
I really like working late. I find it hard to be productive in the mornings, but could quite happily work all night if needs be. That being said, I do need my sleep too! I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat (it makes Jason so jealous! ;) and so can kind of do both- work late and then fall straight to sleep!
14. What’s your favourite shop?
 I love Gap for basics, Anthropologie for fun seasonal pieces, Jack Wills for well made, timeless jackets and beautiful knitwear, Uniqlo for jeans, Jigsaw for t shirts and cardigans, French Sole for shoes, and Oasis/French Connection/Monsoon for dresses. Also, Mulberry for handbags. Always ;) 
15.Which places do you want to see one day?
I would love to travel all round Italy (it's my favourite place!) and also would love to road trip in the US. Other than that, Scotland! It's so close to home yet I've never been. One day Jason and I plan on renting out a little cabin in the Highlands, and disappearing up there with the dog for a few days :) Blissful!
16.Your 5 favourite blogs?
Just five? Okay. A Cup Of Jo, Love Taza,Joy Felicity Jane, Smitten Kitchen, and Nat the Fat Rat. And Reading My Tea Leaves, because five just isn't enough ;)
17. Favourite place in the UK?
Probably either my home country (Surrey) because it's just so pretty, and also London. There's just something about London I can't get enough of. The King's Road is probably my all time favourite place to shop, and Marylebone is a wonderful place to wander at the weekend.
18.What was your first job ever?
My first ever job was selling handbags in a department store, when I was 16! I was terrible, but not as terrible as I was at waitressing ;)
19.Have you got any tips for newcomer blogger ( like me ;) ) ?
My biggest tips would be to make sure that you only ever blog about things you really truly love and feel passionate about. Don't let anyone make you feel like it's silly to treat it as anything other than a hobby, because it doesn't have to be 'just' a hobby! Utilise twitter as a way of growing and connecting with your readership, and try to create a consistent brand name/image across all social media. Also, never be afraid to meet fellow bloggers you've made friends online with in real life! I was so nervous about that when I just got started, but have met some amazing people and done some awesome things this year as a result of blogging that I would perhaps have missed out on if I'd let my fears rule me. 
20. What are your dreams /wishes/plans for the future? What would you like to do on your youtube channel or on your blog?
My hope is that I can continue to grow Cider with Rosie, and develop it into a happy online community. I also want to keep improving my photography skills, and work on my food styling for recipe posts. I'd really love to see my Youtube audience grow, and to just be able to continue to focus on Cider with Rosie as my full time job. And that's it really! :)
 
 
 
Hope you like this interview :)
I really enjoyed writing it and asking the questions.
A massive THANK YOU to the lovely Rosie for being so friendly and I just have to say again:
GO CHECK OUT HER BLOG! http://www.ciderwithrosie.com/
it's worth it! ;)
 
 
 
-Lena x
 

1 comment:

  1. I love Rosie too! Such a doll x

    www.thatszoeblog.com

    ReplyDelete